Broadening the capabilities of chemical engineers everywhere with enhanced process simulation software, CHEMCAD is designed to help you drive productivity, accomplish day-to-day tasks, and tackle the toughest chemical process models. CHEMCAD is flexible enough to handle virtually any challenge that comes your way.
What is CHEMCAD?
CHEMCAD is an integrated suite of intuitive chemical process simulation software that fits into the chemical engineering workflow and supercharges an engineer's efficiency. Perhaps most significantly, it continues to evolve to meet the ever-expanding needs of chemical engineers.
- Highly customizable, flexible, and affordable
- All modules work within a single graphical user interface for seamless interaction
- Adapts to how you approach engineering challenges
- Appealing graphics and reports are easy to export to third-party software
- Easily integrates into chemical engineering computing environment
- Personalized technical support second to none
As advanced and intuitive as CHEMCAD is, it's the team of people behind the software who make the biggest difference. Our outstanding technical support engineers understand chemical engineers' challenges, and are happy to help you use the software to address every task, every project, every job.
Take advantage of:
- Phone and e-mail access to high-level customer support engineers
- Customer portal with robust knowledge base
- Ticketing system to track feature requests and software improvements
- Helpful library of training videos
- User-customizable panes
- Workspace to create and work with process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Message pane that displays diagnostics as you work with a simulation
- CHEMCAD Explorer pane that makes navigating simulations easy
- Palette pane for easy drag-and-drop access to unit operations and symbols
Toolbarthat provides easy access to common tasks
Streamline Day-to-day Engineering Tasks
Harness the productivity advantage with CHEMCAD and complete daily tasks more quickly with process simulation software.
- Heat exchangers
- Piping/valves - pressure drop/line sizing
- Also available for pumps, safety relief devices, and column trays and packing
Thermophysical Property Calculations:
- Bubble/dew points
- Component family analyses
- Data regression
- Pure components
- Binary interaction parameters
Facilitate Large Projects
Equip your team with CHEMCAD's integrated process simulation modules so they can work
- Process development
- Fitting reaction kinetics from experimental data
- Direct lab experiments and pilot plant runs
- Scale up from lab to pilot, and pilot to production
- Dynamic simulations
- Control system design/checkout
- Process intensification studies
- Energy efficiency/optimization
- Data reconciliation
- Process economics
Manage Smaller Projects
Streamline processes in smaller projects and improve workflow with CHEMCAD, featuring an intuitive interface that helps you save time.
- Equipment design
- Distillation with mass transfer calculation
- Relief system design/rating with DIERS
- Equipment/process costing
- Process safety analyses
- Regulatory compliance reports
- Heat and material balance reporting
- Model potential customer systems in order to sell equipment and/or processes
Employ Integrated Solutions
Seamlessly integrate CHEMCAD process simulation software with other programs and accelerate progress in larger, ongoing projects.
- Integrated solutions
- Process/plant performance monitoring
- Model predictive control
- Real-time optimizations
- CHEMCAD as the engine for other applications
- Microsoft Visual Basic® for Applications
- Excel "wrappers" for simulations
- Operator training systems
Scalable CHEMCAD Suite
The CHEMCAD suite includes six products that can be purchased individually or bundled as needed to accommodate specific industries, projects,
The CHEMCAD Suite of Products Includes:
Run steady-state simulations of continuous chemical processes with CC-STEADY STATE. This product features libraries of chemical components, thermodynamic methods,
Ideal for: Users who want to design processes, or rate existing processes, in steady state.
Take steady-state simulations to the next level of fidelity and conduct dynamic flowsheet analysis with CC-DYNAMICS. The possibilities are endless: operability check-out, PID loop tuning, operator training, even online process control and soft sensor functionality.
Ideal for: Users who want to design or rate dynamic processes.
CC-THERM makes use of multiple international standards for design and materials so you can streamline the process of sizing a heat exchanger accurately. Available as an add-on or standalone product, the design and rating program covers shell-and-tube, plate-and-frame, air-cooled, and double-pipe exchangers. Rigorous designs are based on physical property and phase equilibria data.
Ideal for: Users who want to design or vet a design by a heat exchanger vendor (single unit at a time), and those who want to rate existing exchangers in new service or perform "what if" calculations.
Batch distillation simulation software allows you to efficiently design and preview scenarios with intuitive, operation step-based input. CC-BATCH is extremely flexible, with many operating modes and the capability to model any number of operating steps and conditions. Optimize batch operation, minimize intermediate "slop" cuts, and increase productivity.
Ideal for: Users who want to design or rate a batch distillation column.
Thoroughly analyze any pipe network with our piping and safety relief network simulation software. CC-SAFETY NET combines the latest in two-phase relief device calculation, pressure drop calculation, physical property calculation, and precise phase equilibrium calculation to deliver fast, accurate answers.
Ideal for: Users who need to design or rate piping networks or safety relief devices/systems.
Use CC-FLASH to calculate physical properties and phase equilibria (VLE, LLE, VLLE) for pure components and mixtures with incredible accuracy. All products within the CHEMCAD suite feature CC-FLASH capabilities.
Ideal for: Users who need physical property and phase equilibrium data, as well as users who need property prediction and regression.
We go the extra mile when it comes to providing reliable and comprehensive support. Discover our vast range of helpful CHEMCAD resources including release notes, Support Center details and flexible training opportunities.
We recommend the following system configurations so you can experience the best that CHEMCAD has to offer:
- Processor speed: 1 GHz or faster, 32- or 64-bit
- Operating system: Windows 7 or later (all 32- and 64-bit versions)
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit, or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Video card: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 or higher
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit) for installation,
1 GB free space recommended
- Productivity software: Some features require Microsoft Office®
Looking for CHEMCAD 8?
Select customers have access to CHEMCAD 8, including but not limited to legacy customers and universities.
Give CHEMCAD a test run and see why enhanced process simulation is a true step change for productivity in chemical engineering planning and design.
Find a Representative
Search for a trusted CHEMCAD representative in or around your area and inquire about our suite of integrated chemical engineering simulation software.